Logan Paul has returned to YouTube three weeks after his controversial video made headlines around the world. The 22-year-old vlogger has been noticeably absent from the site in the wake of backlash surrounding his since-deleted video of a dead body from within the Japanese Aokigahara Forest, also known as the Japanese Suicide Forest.
Though Paul issued a video apology at the time, he has been absent from YouTube until Wednesday, when he released the video “Suicide: Be Here Tomorrow.”
In the clip he explained that he’s been spending the last few weeks trying “to further understand the complexities surrounding suicide.”
Paul added, “I know I’ve made mistakes. I know I’ve let people down. But what happens when you’re given an opportunity to help make a difference in the world? It’s time to learn from the past as I get better and grow as a human being. I’m here to have a hard conversation so that those who are suffering can have easier ones.”
In the 7-minute long clip, Paul meets with experts and also with a man who attempted to take his own life at the age of 19 by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge.
Following several of the meetings, Paul said, “I think as a society, as human beings, we just have to be more compassionate. And that includes me too. That’s something I’m learning along this journey.”
He then pledged to donate $1 million to various suicide prevention organizations, saying, “I’m humbled and thankful to say this is just the beginning.”
Earlier this month YouTube announced that several of Paul’s original projects were being put on hold following the controversy.
“In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred,” a spokesperson for YouTube previously told ET. “Additionally, we will not feature Logan in season 4 of Foursome and his new Originals are on hold.”
Photo: Youtube / News Source: ETonline